I enjoy riding all types of bikes both on road and off. Getting covered in mud and challenging myself once in a while is most certainly my idea of fun.
My first proper bike was a Honda XL185 and on passing my test spent considerable time with friends exploring my local wilderness, Salisbury Plain.
In September 2008 I took part in Enduro Himalaya, a magical roller-coaster bike tour through the high Himalayas of Northern India. Riding Royal Enfields, the experience was memorable to say the least. The people I met, the roads and scenery I witnessed were quite simply incredible. A once in a lifetime opportunity.
During the 2009 season, I entered a NSU 250 Sportmax Replica into several VMCC sprint events.
Earlier in the year I signed up for a track day at Castle Combe on my VFR, not an ideal bike for a track day but a reliable friend for my first attempt.
In late October Mortons Media held a classic track day at Cadwell Park where I entered a Norton 500 International- I didn't stop grinning for a week.