Recruited in August 2010 by the Head of Video at Auto Express, I worked closely with the video team, downloading, editing and embedding flash videos throughout the site, writing news copy where necessary and providing editorial and content assistance. During the eight week period I worked at Auto Express, the website experienced it's largest ever video traffic figures, attracting several new video-skin advertising contracts.
More recently, I was re-hired to help with editorial and video content during the launch of Dennis' latest new car reviews title, CarBuyer.co.uk.
Visordown May 2010 - Present
Determined to diversify my skills as a writer and follow my obsession with motorcycles, I began working as a part time Web Assistant for Visordown in May 2010. Aware of their impressive existing online presence I felt this was a perfect role to provide an introduction into the motorcycle industry.
I have full responsibility of the Visordown reviews section, researching bikes, sourcing images and providing links across the site. Demanding meticulous content management skills, patience and lots of trawling through the Glass's Guide the reviews section plays a vital role in attracting visitors to Visordown.com. I also contribute to feature articles, news, blogs and deal with all competition entries.
I have enjoyed the transition from cars to two wheels as I have learnt a huge amount about bikes and the intimacy of the industry. Spending the last six months at Visordown has also provided a front seat to the dramatic recent changes in the magazine as it became a web only title.
Coast Magazine November 2010
Published in November 2010, I feature in the Christmas issue of Coast Magazine, a Nat Mags print title. Riding Royal Enfields, a group of six of us toured the Western Isles in the Scottish Highlands, visiting Skye and the Outer Hebrides. I wrote a first person account of the tour explaining why a classic bike is such ideal transport for touring that part of the UK's coastline. I also acted as Photographer, gaining a four page feature in the magazine.


