Securing a two week position at Bauer Media in February 2008 gave me the opportunity to work for the first magazine I ever bought. Way back in 1989 Car featured a head-to-head with the high-tech Porsche 959 versus the road-racer Ferrari F40, I was hooked. As the magazine that invented the group test and defined the term 'supercar', my introduction to motoring magazines was set.
Road testing hot hatches in South Wales.
iMotor September 2009 - March 2010
My first work placement in London began at Dennis Publishing, working for iMotor magazine from September 2009 to it's demise in March 2010. Based around the interactive Ceros platform, I wrote news, quizzes and helped review products for the entertainment section of the mag. Deemed ahead of it's time by the big-wigs at Dennis and with a lack of advertising interest, the title was folded to make way for the recently launched CarBuyer website.
Click on the screen shots below for examples of my published work.
Autocar October 2009
On arrival at Haymarket Publishing in October 2009 I was handed a set of keys and instructed to drive straight to the MIRA test track to help with a comparison test. After gaining first hand experience of the famous and highly meticulous Autocar road test, I was introduced to the web team back at the Haymarket offices and gained valuable skills writing search engine optimised news for the Autocar site.



